Sunday, July 6, 2014

Review of a movie - We Don’t Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day Yet.


The movie I want to share you today is called “劇場版のあの日見た花の名前を僕達はまだ知らない。”, which means “We don’t know the name of the flower we saw that day yet.” The story is about the five friends who shared their childhood by losing one of the friends. It deals with the emotions of yearning, affection, sorrow, and feeling of guilt because of the death of a friend. And it also draws their reunion and farewell.

 
The scenario is like this.
One summer, a best friends club which has six members called “the Best Peace Busters” was having a great time loving one another. Menma who is one of main characters just left his friends. After that the other friends are scattered. And 5 years later, Menma shows up to Jinddang, the leader of the club. Menma wants her dreams come true. Finding his dream, Jinddang starts to look for her friends.


The memories – wounded hearts and the sincere mind that have not yet told but wanted to say next day. And one more chance was given to the friends to make up one another. Would they get that summer back as realizing the Menma’s dream?


Personally, I focused on the other friends rather than Menma. Technically, I would say I focused on the happenings among them and their feelings.

 
Because I saw the movie when I already became an adult, I didn’t feel much sympathy to Menma who has a pure mind and fantastic character, but was more interested in the other people.


Watching the movie, a saying in the movie poster named “Architecture” came to my mind.

It is, “We all were first lovers to someone.”

The nostalgias for my childhood, memories of that pure moments, and first love which brought me the memories of my first love.


What I kept thinking throughout the whole movie is that.
‘So, what did the name of the flower symbolize?’

 

The flower’s name they saw that day hadn’t been mentioned right before the movie ended. And I couldn’t find the scenes that the main characters tell its name.
However, I think I may understand the symbol that flower has.


 The affection, yearning, wounded mind, or memories could be the symbol, I guess.
Like illusions which we can hardly say what they are, but they are still there and live in our hearts.


 
The audiences including me wiped their tears while watching the movie. It was touching me to see the people cry there with sympathy for the friends feeling the memories, reunion and farewell.

Additionally, it was nice to remind of my childhood calmly.
 
 
 

3 comments: