Wednesday, July 23, 2014

World peace-Camera which Records Our Precious Memories – Jeonju Yeomyeong Camera Museum

Camera which Records Our Precious Memories – Jeonju Yeomyeong Camera Museum




 Sometimes, I want to be stuck in a world of my own or go out with friends in a simpler way. I know one place where I wanted to keep it a secret to myself; it is my secret place, Jeonju Yeomyeong Camera Museum.

Jeonju is a city of Taste and Grace of Korea. It is especially famous for Bibimbap, however, there are also many places where people can get a genuine feeling of Korea’s culture and tradition such as Hanok (Korean traditional housing), Hanji (Korean traditional paper) and Hansik (Korean traditional food). Jeonju Hanok Village is always crowded with tourists from all over the country because they can enjoy everything in a place. “Jeonju Yeomyeong Camera Museum” is located on the corner of the entrance to this Hanok Village.



At the moment I entered the entrance of this museum, I felt as if I were in a beautiful small garden. It was decorated with small benches, a stage, and some models of camera, being in harmony with the nature. It was fabulous! Meanwhile, in the garden, the movies were playing just like an outdoor theater. I got a special feeling on this coexistence of old and new cultures.

I could find many cameras being displayed at the museum. I was fascinated about how these cameras could be gathered in one place from all over the world. It made me feel as if I were in a gallery or a beautiful café.
People are required to pay 3,000 won as an admission fee, not for the beverages. Only though this admission fee, it is allowed to take a free beverage as well as to tour the museum. For those who don’t want to drink anything, they can choose a souvenir postcard instead of it.
Of course, you can buy it individually. If you write a letter and put it into the big cameras in front of the entrance, it will be delivered to you. There are two kinds of mailboxes (the big cameras) so you need to ask at the information desk.
In addition, you can enjoy an event that you can take a picture with your companions at 3,000 won. I think it will be great to keep our precious memory in a picture through this event.


There were also many kinds of lush tableware sets, pretty toy figures, and approximately ten thousand old LPs. If you choose one LP among them, the staff will play it as background music. This makes people stir up past memories with great joy.




Yeomyeong Camera Museum, this is a place we can enjoy some movies, a free beverage and even good atmosphere. It is surely worthy to be called my secret place, isn’t it?
Do you have any plan to visit Jeonju someday? Do you want to take a rest in a silent place being apart from the crowd of Hanok village? Or do you want to enjoy culture at a low price? Then I confidently recommend this awesome museum to you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment