Thursday, July 24, 2014

World peace-Taste of Cuba, Mojito

<A sweltering polar bear in the zoo>

Despite the rainy season, it doesnt rain and hot and stuffy weather is continued. Discomfort index is quite high because of humid weather. So I keep drinking a lot of water and americano in a day, but it cannot quench my thirst.
I really want to drink a fresh and cool glass of mojito in such a hot weather.
It is well known for a Cuban traditional cocktail. Hemingway also enjoyed drinking the mojito while writing The Old Man and The Sea. I miss the mojito that I didnt drink all up at an amazing restaurant on last Sunday. Why I left that mojito!?  

 Im wondering how you are doing in this hot summer. Im not afraid of summer because I have a mojito.
Not long ago, I made a fantastic mojito with my younger brother to cool down this summer.
Now, we are really into mojitos taste. Even though It isnt been a long time to get to know about mojito, we are fascinated by its taste after a drop of it. Mojito is a revolution of the area of summer beverages!
My brother and I surely prepared apple mint and fresh lime for making mojito at home, and we also prepared other necessary materials that mentioned in the Internet recipe. My brother even bought cups for mojito as many as number of our family members.

When we finally start making the mojito in 2 weeks, we were so enjoyed until cutting the fresh lime. But just then, I got a trouble with an allergy to apple mint! Actually I have a hair-allergy, but in that day, I was so delighted so I couldnt think of it. I just grabbed the leaves of apple mint with my two hands and washed them clearly. Just at the moment, symptom of allergy was coming up to my tips of all fingers. It was like pricking. So, in the day all night I suffered from the pain like stabbed by invisible thorns. Furthermore, the taste of mojito that we made was not as good as I expected even though I sacrificed my fingers!! So, after tasting it, I decided. I will never make a mojito at home never ever. I guess I may have another talent, but not cooking. Anyway, I am very good at eating. lol

<a glass of Mojito> 


How to Make Mojito
1. Slightly crush 6~7 slices (it is up to your preference) of apple mint.
2. Slightly crush 1/4 of lime (it is up to your preference).
3. Put crushed apple mint and lime into a same glass and add some syrup, then mix it!.
4. At last, Put sparkling water, ice, sliced 2 pieces of ​​lime and stir it. And it will become a delicious mojito. Now drink it!

 Mojito is a cocktail, so it needs alcohol. But I failed to adjust how much it needs alcohol, so, it tasted horrible. However, I blamed my brother based on that he bought strong liquor and asserted it is not my fault. Sorry~ my brother~. It was fun making Mojito with my brother in this summer. It became a cherishable memory to me.
How about not only staying under the air conditioner but also cooling down with a glass of fresh mojito?

1 comment: