Friday, September 5, 2014

The Wingbeat for Peace





The book “Butterfly Effect” was popular once. A wingbeat of a small butterfly may create a typhoon on the opposite side of the earth.
  
Among the 7 billion population of the world, I am just a small human being. But I think sharing my idea on peace through my blog where I communicate with other people can be kind of like a butterfly's wingbeat.

Although there are many precious things in this world, but I think nothing is more worthwhile as peace. It is never too late to start doing something worthwhile. I believe that realizing peace on earth has effects on not only an individual, but also all the people around the world, and moreover, our descendants.

Wars gave us a great deal of damage for both physically and mentally for a long time. My grandparents experienced a war first hand. I haven't experienced any direct damage from war, but I can't say it has no influence on me. When I get married and have a son, he will be obligated to go to military. There is no 100% guarantee that my son will return safely home after his fulfilling duty of national defense. My imagination may be excessive but everyone is under the influence of the war unless we put an end to all wars for good. 

I know realizing world peace by bringing in an end to all wars won't become true in a glimpse of an eye. But maybe if we gather our hopes for peace we could accomplish our goal in our generation.




"The future depends on what we do in the present." It is the words of Mahatma Gandhi.




Gandhi said that the future depends on what we do in the present. If we make efforts to achieve peace now, then we will live happily with our descendants in a peaceful and wonderful world in the future. I hope my wingbeat for peace will start a butterfly effect to make world peace into reality that everyone longs for.

Give a big hand to all those people who work for peace on this planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment